Atmos VDO-Pn6000 EXtended Menu (Beta release )

• Finally this is my work:

Atmos VDO-Pn6000 EXtended Menu (Beta release)

http://rapidshare.com/files/16…os_Extended_Menu.zip.html

This link can be used for 10 downloads, I think enough for the first beta testers, please do not re-upload or share without my consent.

This extended menu work with the original VDO software, permit to use another navigation software at the same time because I have managed to split the Gps signal in other ports and permit to use all the original software (like dvb-t ) without problems.
    To try to avoid problems this menu work with a copy of ResidentFlash files in our memory card, will work also with the original path residentflsh and probably with this option device should be faster but for now it's better this way, maybe for a "Final version" I'll share a version that work with the real ResidentFlash.
    For this reasons do not extract your memory card when device is on.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1804/63379268uv0.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/3137/37750055pq9.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/9554/47081299pi8.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/228/93587531hb9.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/8463/20302676wb6.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/5618/75876734nz2.jpg]

There's 2 important button in the system page of this menu:

"Delete Registry button": this button delete all the registry entry necessary to the menu, with this button you also return to the the original conditions to use the original VDO software without this menu (moreover also serve for who have used different launch menu like this, before).

Note that every program used usually leaves traces in the registry.

"GPS PORT Button": This button can change setting of the application that split the original Gps port (that I have changed to use other navigation software) in other ports that you can choose.
    Default setting are: gps output port com 0 (original was com 1) and 2 gps virtual port, com 1 for the original software and com 5 for the other programs.
    I'don not have a bluetooth/Tmc cradle and I don't know if some of this port is utilized by TMC or Bluetooth , I think not, but if someone has this cradle please report his feedback.

I kept the "Registry" button that wrote some keys in registry but now this is automatized in first installation, however this button is useful in some cases (See lower in this page).

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7008/87962031ue1.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1640/42586904qr1.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1050/74751014ja8.jpg]

Installation:

The installation is totally "easy to use":

1) Copy the ResidentFlash in a folder in the memory card with the same name ("ResidentFlash") , if your Pna is not unlocked you can copy the folder after with the menu installed.

2) Simply copy on the root of your memory card the files content in "Atmos Extended Menu" folder.

3) Reset and Turn On device, do no touch anything before all the programs are loaded.

4) You should see the original software and a little yellow button in top right, ok to the VDO warning page, set in the original software:

Setting>>Screen>>Colors>>Ipo2 to have a skin correspondence with the Atmos VDO-E-M.

5) Turn OFF (with a prolongued pressure of on/off button)

6) When the device has loaded all the programs you can use the little yellow button to see the new menu and close it with the button in top left (similar to the original)

7) optional, in the root of your memory card you should see a file call new-vdoservice.nfrun and a file call vdoservice.nfrun, if all run properly you should rename the vdoservice.nfrun in >>> old-vdoservice.nfrun and the file new-vdoservice.nfrun in >>> vdoservice.nfrun.
    This this is not mandatory but advisable to improve the initial loading.

Important

For people who have used other application with systeminformation or have used the MC-VDO at the point 4) you'll must use the "Delete registry" button and then the "registry" button, then you can turn OFF (point 5).

That's all

Like all Beta versions there's probably some adjustments to be done (like the standby-turn off-restart" commands) please report your feedback or problems in this topic.

I did not have time to work on some aspect of graphic like icons (most of these were included in the CLOSy package).

Many thanks to the Contributors of the MC-VDO Project, like Cyber navi, Micky11, CLOSY and others.

Enjoy

Disclaimer: This a free beta release , it's to be used at your own risk. I cannot be held responsible for any damages caused by using this software. Logos and marks used on this software are owned by their respective owners and licensors.
    You are not authorized to use this software or any name, logo or mark in any advertising, publicity or in any other commercial manner without my consent.

Atmos

P.s. If someone is able to translate everything in german language it be appreciated.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von atmos ()

• Hi atmos,

cool idea. Great work! Respect!
    That is not the real solution, what i wanna.
    But i think that is the best way to run ext. menu parallel to VDO-menu.
    @ all

Hi Leute,
    wer MC-VDO 6000 schon mal installiert hat, muss VDO-Software neu auflegen,
    damit die Registrierungseiträge von atmos`Scripte in die Registry eingeschrieben werden kann. Sonst wird es nicht funktionieren.

Gruß

CN

• Hello atmos,

big big thanks for this great work!

I will test it and give you a feedback :)

Thanks,
    dreamy1

• Herrje, kann mir die jemand die Installtionsprozedur für ein neu aufgesetztes Gerät mal näher erklären? Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof :(

Wie kopiere ich denn den resident flash? Was ist mit unlocked gemeint? Und was hat es mit dem Umbenennen der Dateien in Punkt 7 auf sich?

Vielleicht kann sich ja jemand die Mühe machen, die einzelnen Punkten noch etwas zu erläutern :) Ich raffs irgendwie nicht, wie das alles zusammenhängt.

Kann dabei eigentlich was schiefgehen? Ich bin immer davon ausgegangen, dass ALLES von der SD aus läuft ohne Eingriff in die registry...sieht aber irgendwie nicht danach aus.

Danke für Eure Hilfe!

• Hallo ist es möglich, "haben eine neue Verbindung, weil ich zu spät. Danke

Manduria

• I've posted some screenshot, if someone want to test it please send me a Mp or mail because the first download link has expired...

Zitat

Herrje, kann mir die jemand die Installtionsprozedur für ein neu aufgesetztes Gerät mal näher erklären? Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof :( Wie kopiere ich denn den resident flash? Was ist mit unlocked gemeint? Und was hat es mit dem Umbenennen der Dateien in Punkt 7 auf sich? Vielleicht kann sich ja jemand die Mühe machen, die einzelnen Punkten noch etwas zu erläutern :) Ich raffs irgendwie nicht, wie das alles zusammenhängt. Kann dabei eigentlich was schiefgehen? Ich bin immer davon ausgegangen, dass ALLES von der SD aus läuft ohne Eingriff in die registry...sieht aber irgendwie nicht danach aus. Danke für Eure Hilfe!

to copy ResidentFlash to your SD simply use total commander with the command copy.

With unlocked i mean only with the original software without the unlock procedure of rename vdoservice.exe

Point 7) is an optional point but I suggest it, when you have checked that all is ok, rename with Total commander vdoservice.nfrun in >>> old-vdoservice.nfrun and new-vdoservice.nfrun in >>> vdoservice.nfrun , it's simple.

At the moment this menu work with a copy of the original software (we have copied ResidentFlash in SD for this reason) to test (this is a beta release).
    Will can work with the original ResidentFlash when we will sure that all run without problem.

When you want you can use the "Delete registry" button (system page) then off device and put in the original SD and the PN6000 will be again like an original new pn6000.
    Some software that you have used (like an other navigation software) could leave some little traces in registry but small (and difficult to identify) things.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von atmos ()

• Zitat

Original von CLOSy
    nice work atmos !

w8 for final , 1 click install. :)

Thanks ;)

It's just a 1 click install (install, turn Off and On) for those who have not already installed in advance MC-VDO (that must use "delete registry button" + "registry" button and only then turn off).

When this beta version will prove stable, I'll post the "Final" version without copy of the Residentflash Sd.
    Please report feedback and problems to me...

p.s. if you want and if you have time you could make a best integrated icons set (maybe transparent as the original Icons). :gap

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von atmos ()

• Erster Testbericht: WOOOW!

Funktioniert bei mir bis auf ein paar Kleinigkeiten sensationell gut! Big_thanks_@_atmos!!!!

Folgendes ist mir aufgefallen:
    - Der Tastenton funktioniert nicht im neuen Menü (hatte diesen eingeschaltet)

- speziell in Igo8: TMC funktioniert leider nicht, habe es aber auch schon vorher nicht ans Laufen gebracht. Vielleicht deshalb:
    http://forum.pocketnavigation.de/search.php?searchid=3611202
    Bei mir stürzt Igo8 beim Suchen des TMC-Empfängers ab, ansonsten scheint es einwandfrei zu funktionieren (GPS wird gefunden), muss das aber noch ausgiebig austesten.

- ca. alle 60 Sekunden sichtbares Refresh (ist da ein Watchdog oder sowas drin?)

- bei einigen Tools kommt eine Fehlermeldung (ist scheinbar keine Applikation vorhanden)

- Das Starten des Tools MPT/ActiveSync setzt die automatische Helligkeitsregelung außer Kraft :(
    Hilft nur ein Neustart.

- Ich habe an den GPSportsettings gespielt und wieder alles so eingestellt, wie es von atmos vorgesehen war. Jetzt kommt jedesmal mal beim Kaltstart kurz das GPSPort (man sieht, dass keine Einstellungen gesetzt sind), es verschwindet wieder und danach ist das Portsplitting nicht aktiv. Jetzt muss man manuell das Programm starten und die Einstellungen wiederherstellen. Danach funktionierts wieder.

Ansonsten schein wirklich alles sauber zu funktionieren.
    Also, bisher absolut erstklassige Arbeit !!!! Die paar Kleinigkeiten bekommt atmos sicher auch noch in den Griff.

Vielen Dank @atmos für diese tolle Bereicherung des PN 6000!

Gruß
    dreamy1

• Hab mal etwas in Igo8 herumgespielt...

Scheinbar lastet Igo8 das System so aus, das die automatische Helligkeitsregelung nicht mehr sauber funktioniert. Es dauert teilweise über eine Minute, bis die Helligkeit nachgeführt wird :(

Und in unregelmäßigen Abständen kommt der Hinweis, das das GPS-Signal unterbrochen ist. Auf einmal ist aber wieder da.

@atmos und die anderen Profis:

Wie groß wäre denn der Aufwand, das neue Menü auf wesentliche Elemente zu reduzieren? Mir würde es eigentlich reichen, eine oder zwei zusätzliche Anwendungen laufen zu lassen (auf einem Menübild)...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dreamy1 ()

• Zitat

p.s. if you want and if you have time you could make a best integrated icons set (maybe transparent as the original Icons). Zahnlücke

ok..i think you talk over .png org. size icons from the icons ? prob is i have currently very no time for thiz..

@dreamy1
    sagmal wenn das originale vdo ja gestartet wird mit oder ohne atomos menü , seh ich das richtig das ja auch der navi von vdo im ram ist ? weil wenn man ja dort karte zeigen drückt sofort die karte kommt (sieh nicht so aus als ob er etwas nachlädt)...

Und somit ja einiges an ram verloren geht bzw cpu stärker belastet wird wenn man igo ect zusätzlich startet ?

oder irre ich da ?

cya
    CLOSy

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von CLOSy ()

• @CLOSy:

Weiß nicht genau. Mir wäre es eigentlich am liebsten, wenn man das originale VDO Menü so modifizieren könnte, dass anstelle der vorinstallierten Navi-Software einfach IGO8 startet udn der Rest so bleibt wie er ist :)

Ich habe mal über den Total Commander in das Gerät etwas tiefer hereingeschaut, bin aber nicht wirklich schlauer wie man das am besten anstellen könnte. Mit dem originalen VDO Menü bin ich eigentlich ja ganz zufrieden.

Vielleicht könnte man auch das Starten des VDO-Naviprogramms verhindern und statt dessen z.B. den unnützen Bildbetrachter oder eines der Spiele für Igo8 missbrauchen. Ich weiß jedoch nicht, ob man da tiefer in der Registry tätig werden muss oder ob das einfache umbenennen einer .exe ausreicht.

Kennt sich jemand damit aus?

Wäre zu ewigem Dank verpflichtet :)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dreamy1 ()

• If you can translate in english maybe i can understand and try to answer.

:)

If you don't want the original navigation software (arriba_ce.exe) and save ram (but i don't think that this is the problem) simply rename the folder "navigation" (vdo maps).

P.s. my version of IGO8 seems runs perfectly.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von atmos ()

• ...sehen wirklich klasse aus!