Firmware Upgrade for PNA510

• Softversion 3 ist die höchste die dein Navi verträgt.
    Schau mal in die Bucht, da wird man immer fündig. Achte aber auf original Datenträger, sprich DVD/CD und nicht Softversionen auf SD.

• Viel Glück :top
    Solltest du später mit der 3er Fragen haben, du weißt ja wo du uns findest. :))

• hi,
    I've got a Lifetec LT 95833 - Aldi (PNA MEDION 510T) with internal memory 64 Mo upgraded with GoPal 3.0 AE and Q42010 WE cards.
    currently the rom is "MLR07" : is it possible to flash my old rom with this new one ?
    thanks for your help.

• Hello,
    here in the Download-section a two different Flash-ROM-files. It depends on the internal memory (M2, M5 or without internal memory) of your 510T which one You can use. This information You'll find on the bottom side of Your PNA (510T, 510T M2 or 510T M5). If You are also looking for a alternative navigation-SW You could have a look at this side:
    http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Windows_Mobile
    Regards

• thank you Neuling for your advice : my pna is just a 510T.
    do you know the main advantages of this new rom regarding gopal 3.0 AE and PoiWarner 3 ? is there an english version of liesmich.txt ?
    thanks for your help

• Hello,
    I presume this Flash-ROM enables to install gopal 3.0 on an older PNA and so get maps that are not that outdated. I for myself have a 500T and to get maps uptodate I installed the free software Mapfactor Navigator, but normally there are DLL missing because there isn't a full Windows CE-OS on PNAs. They use maps that are compiled from OSM-data and updated on a regulary basis. For speedcams there is also a file that is using OSM-data and made for garmin-gps but I have imported it with a tool to the MF-software To get an english translation of "liesmich.text" I would copy the text and use a online translator.

Regards

• Right, so am I. GoPal 3.0 or it's corresponding maps won't be updated any more und due to the costs a new PNA would cause it's worth a try some OSM proggies, i.e. the mentioned Mapfactor. :top_002: And if you are not satisfied with this solution you may change to a newer GoPal version anyway.

• hello,
    I already upgraded 3 years ago my pna with gopal 3.0 AE (previously Medion Navigator 5.1 with Win CE 4.2) and PoiWarner 3.1 : everything runs without problems with rom MLR07.
    regarding maps upgrading : it is over with this pna.
    I've also "awaked" Win CE adding direct access to desktop.
    so, with that new rom, I was asking myself if it would be better with software management (gopal and/or Win CE) or only with settings management ?
    do you have an idea ?

• Hello,
    I don't get the point of Your problem. If everything runs without problems, why change a running system. As people say:"Never change a winning team." What is meaning of "software management" v.s. "settings management" and what do You want to manage with it, display brightness, sound volume?

Regards

• I've read GoPal 3.0 AE is the latest version for pna 510T. Is this proposed rom able to bypass the navigation system lock and so upgrade the pna with a newest version of GoPal and WE maps ?
    for daily trips in my area with Q042010 maps I manage but for holidays trip (in France and abroad : 3-4 times a year) my pna is rather "outmoded" with new motorways/main roads.
    in one word : time to buy a new gps ?

• I've read GoPal 3.0 AE is the latest version for pna 510T. Is this proposed rom able to bypass the navigation system lock and so upgrade the pna with a newest version of GoPal and WE maps ?

There is no way, otherwise I'd had it mentioned some posts above.

Zitat

for daily trips in my area with Q042010 maps I manage but for holidays trip (in France and abroad : 3-4 times a year) my pna is rather "outmoded" with new motorways/main roads.
    in one word : time to buy a new gps ?

Not really cause some offer still include historical maps -> eBay. :icon_mrgreen: But here you can update the maps after a while, Q4/2013 is in the pipeline in the moment -> http://www.gopal-navigator.de/wiki/PNAs_und_ihre_MD-Nummern

Or just give OSM a try! :top_002:

• Monika

Hat das Label Ältere GoPal 210, 350, 500 etc. hinzugefügt.