Hello From the UK

• Hello,

As the Navigon is a German make i thought i'd join your forum to see what your thoughts and comments about the Navigon Premium 70 Live Services
    I currently own a Tom Tom 540, and i'm wanting upgrade. I was looking to buy a TomTom 1000 with the live services, but with the farce :cursing: that is going on at TT i'm starting to look elsewhere.

The Navigon Premium 70 Live Services looks to be OK. Is there anything i should know about the 70?

What i'm after is a PND that gives me live traffic updates, that will let me add 3rd party software, and has the most upto date maps.
    Not interested in if it plays music, bluetooth and all the rest, but if its part of the PND, then i can live with that. I just want to get where i'm going and know the traffic situation at the same time.

Thoughts, comments and suggestions, please

Regards

Keith

• Hello Keith
    I can Not Tell you how the Live Funktion works in UK, but clear to say: Third Party soft is very limited on PNAs with a closed CE System

psr (Peter)

Nach 9 Jahren Navigon 2014 auf Garmin gewechselt. Aktuell ein DriveSmart 76 fürs Cabrio und Tourenplanung am Laptop. Da im Cabrio seit 2022 und im Dienstauto CarPlay wireless vorhanden ist, kommt gelegentlich auch Google und Apple für A nach B in Frage und immer mehr das überarbeitete MRA (MyRouteApp) mit dem sehr guten WEB Planungstool. (LifeTime Abo)

• Hello PSR

I'm a member of a forum in the UK called 'Pocket GPS World http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras and they produce a monthly speed camera update.

I have now been told that Navigon will accept upto 10,000 POI, so hopefully adding 3rp party software should not be a problem. :thumbup:

How well does the Navigon Lives Services work in Germany?

Regards

Keith

• Maybe there is a missunderstanding with Third Party soft. POis soft is designed for PNAs, here is no problem. But there is not so much available here in Germany. About the Situation in UK, no idea. As well with Live. I use only Navigons with standard TMC and this is OK for me

psr (Peter)

Nach 9 Jahren Navigon 2014 auf Garmin gewechselt. Aktuell ein DriveSmart 76 fürs Cabrio und Tourenplanung am Laptop. Da im Cabrio seit 2022 und im Dienstauto CarPlay wireless vorhanden ist, kommt gelegentlich auch Google und Apple für A nach B in Frage und immer mehr das überarbeitete MRA (MyRouteApp) mit dem sehr guten WEB Planungstool. (LifeTime Abo)

• Hi Keith,

dont have the Navigon 70 Premium, but can tell you something bout the Live-Service here in the UK as I use it on the iPhone App.

Comparing HD-T and the Navigon Traffic Service, the one from Navigon is not worth the money that I spent. :( The Navigon Traffic Service nearly reports the same incidents as TMC on my "normal" TT device.

The three routing-options that you get is a nice feature, but suggesting to go from my place (Beaconsfield) to London via the M25 around 4pm is a joke.

Regarding the ETA the Navigon device is always too optimistic so that the minutes count up the closer you get to your destination.

3rd party POIs (also the one from pocketgpsworld, which I use too) will be available on the new GO100x and VIA-series soon (hopefully by the end of the months)

Regarding maps - in my area (South-Bucks and London) the Teleatlas maps are better - housing estates that exists for two years are not in the map, housenumbers are often wrong or missing.

What I like on a Navigon is the graphik - but then, I prefer to get the best routes with the least traffic to arrive at my destinations on time.

cu Peter