Information in English?

• Hi.
    First of all I'm sorry for not speaking german.
    I do understand a bit (just enough to registrer in this forum :)

I've foud this forum when I searched for information & reviews on the Medion MDPNA 150. It has just been released here in norway @ a very good price.

If anyone could give pro's and con's on this eqipment I'll be very gratefull.

I also wounder if theres a possibility to add waypoints as a list (radar) and if it can be used to other things as I understand the base is MS WCE

Untill now, I've read the forum with my poor skill in german & trough babelfish. But I hope somebody english spoken would give me some answers.

regards

• Hi and welcome here in our forum!
    You're right. It's quite interesting but also confusing to be confronted with such an amount of information. There are a lot or pros and cons with the MD150, the biggest pros is possibly the quality of the hardware, it comes handy and for those who only need gps for several vehicles it is really useful and worth the money. Here in Germany the MD150 comes along with different software that has been discussed here on and on. It would be interesting to know what the software is Norwegians use. And how much was it?

Disadvantages are mentioned by those who'd like to use the MD150 as a PDA. For them the Yakumo 300 GPS or (available at "Lidl" department store) 400 GPS is the better choice. The software is comparable, the hardware leaves more options.
    I hope I could help a bit. If you'd wish more information be so kind to form precise questions.
    Hallo to Norway,
    Halomile

• Thanks for the answer Halomile.
    Germans are as helpfull as I remembered from my MC trip last year. Every place we pulled out a map, at least two or three people asked if they could help.

Anyway. I've just ordered it today at www.komplett.no They've special price today @ 3750,- NOK, normally it's 4495,- NOK(tax is 24% in norway).

As far as I can tell the software included is the one with mp3 player. I will know better when I got hold of my example in a couple of days.

I have four questoins:

I've searched medion for a user manual but couldn't find any. Got a link anyone?

Anyone sucseed in load POI from a list?

Can the usb port be used ito other things. Network adapter, phone or other things.

Is it possible to add other software that works on MS CE?

Thanks in advance.

manjana

btw. got any english links, plesa let me know.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von manjana ()

• Hi manjana,

for an english manual of the mdpna 150 take a look at

www.medion.co.uk, service&support, drivers&updates,

then enter 150 in "full text search" and you will see
    "user manual pna 150 series (english)

best regards

Harald

• I bought a MDPNA 150 in Germany very cheap for 250 , but I know very little german, and this is the only site I found that had help on this gps.

Is there a way to change the software so it is in English or Spanish?

Also the software I had didnt come with an mp3 player. What does that mean?

Thanks again,

Tito from Spain

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Tito4ever ()

• Hi Tito,

you should have received 3 CD`s together with the MDPNA 150.
    On the Maps CD 1 should be a folder named "Quickinstall".
    Inside this you will find several folders one of them named "Spanish".
    There you`ll find "AUTORUNCE" and "MNAVDCE".
    Replace the two files with these names on your MMC Card with the ones
    out of the "Spanish" folder and then make a hard reset.
    Then the software should install the spanish version I assume.
    A manual in spanish is also available on the same CDin the folder"lang", subfolder
    "L_Spanish", subfolder"Manual",subfolder"Spanish".
    There a several software versions available with this device, some with mp3 player some without.

Hope I could help a little.

regards

Harald

• Danke Harald!

Thats a lot of info you gave me, I knew it had to be somewhere in the cd but couldnt find it. When I get home I will see if my cd's have those files :]

Arigato,

Tito

• Thanks again! Now I have the program running in Spanish and talking in Spanish ;)

But the OS Win CE is still in German (I guess you cant change the lang in that one). And I get sometimes error messages in English, pretty weird...

Some questions:

Is a mmc of 1GB supported by the mdpna 150? I think it is, but wanted to make sure.

Is there a way to view all maps installed, instead of changing map by map. (Or does it have to be installed in a special way) I have installed Benelux, part of France and part of Germany; but I can only see one at a time. Do the maps change when you cross the border while navigating?

About the OS, I have the MD95023, and I tried some tutorial in this forum to have access to the Desktop, but I haven't gotten anywhere near. Can it be done with my Medion?

Many thanks again!

And Frohe Weinachten... although its late

Tito

• Hi Tito,

fine that your Navigation works in Spanish.

Regarding the 1GB MMC cards some people reported difficulties with cards bigger than 256MB,
    some reported that even 1GB cards were working fine.
    Below a give you a link to the related topic in the forum(german language only. I`m sorry)

Click here

Regardless how many maps you have installed on your card you can use only one at a time.
    So if you leave the area of the map just used you will have to change the map.
    The only map where you can navigate across borders is the map with the major roads of Europe.

If I would be you I wouldn`t try with all means to get to the desktop.It isn`t worth it.
    Just leave it as it is intended as a navigational device, not a PDA .

best regards

Harald

• Hey Harald!

I was going to buy a new mmc card but since there has been some problems I havent dared to buy one. Since I couldnt get a refund for it if the card didnt work.

I tried today the maps, put a route and made a trip to the border but it didnt change map(You have to manually change the map, which is quite dangerous while driving :)). As you say the EUroads map passes the borders, but I thought this software could let you see all the maps at once or atleast change map when you leave the country and enter the other map... I am a bit dissapointed :(

Found a way to get to the Desktop at the end. Just wanted it to listen to mp3 and tried installing some apps but couldnt... as you said this is for navigating :P

Thx for the help again! Tito