MapSource software version 126.96.36.199 Beta
as of March 3, 2010
MapSource United States TOPO Basemap Patch
This patch is only applicable for all versions of the MapSource United
States TOPO product. It will not affect any other MapSource product.
Removed fragment of map template from northern Minnesota area so that
MapSource would not report an error when viewing data in this area.
Download (2.20 MB)
- WARNING: This software will not work unless you already own a
- MapSource requires Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later operating
- This Beta is a separate program that will need to be un-installed
- Although this software is believed to be
reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used
at your own risk.
Changes made from version 6.15.11 to 188.8.131.52:
- Fixed memory issues and crashes when running MapSource under
- Map projection for many map products was improved. The projection
angle is now based on the extents of the map product.
- Fixed issues with reading and writing large GPX files.
- Improved rendering performance.
- Added support for 64-bit USB device drivers.
- MapSource will now zoom in and out when the mouse wheel is used.
- Added generic label descriptions (less 'unknown' features).
- Fixed various categories and subcategories that affected find
operations and the display of POI categories and subcategories.
- Relevant data can now be imported from TCX files.
- Added very small and very large symbol size selection.
- Made sure to remember search category in 'Find Nearest' dialog.
- Fixed issues with file dialog (in some cases, existing files were
overwritten without prompting).
- Changed route via point symbol to small black dot. Symbol can be
changed via registry.
- Fixed some issues with the Swedish grid.
- Added New Zealand TM grid.
- Fixed issue with address search when a city name was supplied.
- The total length of all selected tracks/routes will now be
displayed in the status bar.
- Fixed loss of mixed-case characters when transferring routes to
- Routes, tracks and waypoints are now sorted numerically.
- Fixed an issue with the refreshing of the route avoidances dialog.
- Fixed issue with finding elevation features.
- Fixed an issue where the comment field would be mangled up after
creating a waypoint from a find result.
- Maps that are locked because of a missing signature file will be
displayed as 'unauthenticated' in the Map Product Manager.
- After a crash, the user now has the option to send an error report
directly to Garmin.
Changes made from version 6.15.7 to 6.15.11:
- Improved performance for custom draw elements.
- Made sure waypoints of type 'Geotagged Photo' don't crash
- Allowed the import and export of unlock codes.
- Made sure unlocking changes get propagated without needing to
restart the application.
- Phone numbers that were imported from gpx files were not written
back out again. This is now fixed.
- Added support for enhanced map security.
- Fixed unlocking issue.
- Implemented Asian 6-level address search.
- Improved trimming performance for some Asian map products.
Changes made from version 6.15.6 to 6.15.7:
- Fixed an issue where maps could not be transferred on certain
non-English Windows installations.
- Reduced size of symbols when configured to use small symbols.
- Fixed an issue finding campgrounds on some newer map products.
Changes made from version 6.15.4 to 6.15.6:
- Fixed an issue with the file save dialog when the file extension
field is hidden.
- Fixed an issue where MapSource would crash if the route avoidance
dialog would be displayed twice.
- Fixed waypoint category filter issue. Now only waypoints of the
selected category will be displayed.
- Fixed waypoint prefixes.
- Fixed an issue where MapSource would crash with certain address
- Fixed memory leaks in the waypoint dialog and map rendering.
- Fixed an issue with saving gpx files when the file path contains
- Fixed some hotkey issues.
- Fixed an issue with searching for certain POIs.
- Fixed an issue with how unlock codes were stored that caused
incompatibilities with applications like Training Center.
- Support Web Link Extensions in Brazilian Portuguese.
- Changed waypoint image size to follow the user selected symbol