Cascade microphone

• Hey, I am pretty good reading German, but writing is a bit more tricky, so I hope that English will work and that somebody can help me out.

I have a Becker Cascade where the microphone does not work. It is mounted with the red wire in A13 and the black wire in A14 as shown on the diagram. The bluetooth is working perfectly and also the loudspeakers are working when people call me - they just cant hear me...!!!

I am running on software 3.6.5.

Please let me know what is wrong here.

Is is OK to reply in German.

Thanks,

Jan.

• As you hear people speaking, the bluetooth receiver seems to work perfectly. Obviously the problem is the microphone. I don't know the exact position of the pins, but you said you connected them as it's told to do in the instructions.

If it's connected correctly you should have a closer look to the cable itself. Maybe it is broken somewhere which can happen if someone isn't careful enough while installing it underneath the cockpit.

• @jmichels

The 3rd socket (upper one, named "C3") is the right one. As far as I know (just checked the installation guide for the 7945, which is identical to your Cascade) there should be a white and a yellow cable. The white one goes in Pin 13 and yellow in Pin 14. Obviously, the colour (cable) of your micro is a little different.

What I'd recommend to do is to change the red and the black, ie put the black in Pin 13 and the red in Pin 14. Some people in this forum had similar problems and this was the solution (changing the cables).

Good luck.

• Thanks for the feedback. The microphone is brand new and the C3 socket is used in pin 13 and 14 as showed in the instruction. I have not tried to change them, but could there be other problems than this. What about the software or language settings. Currently the language is set to Danish, but could this be the issue?

Thanks,

• I don't think that the operating system (software) is the issue here (although I haven't heard about V3.65 yet - the latest release I know is V3.61). The language settings shouldn't be the prob either.

By the way, do you use a CD changer and hands-free mobile phone system (the latter properly mounted in your car)? The reason I am asking is because these devices (when connected to your Becker) would use the same socket (C3).

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von thomasfrank72 ()