Map transfer to Becker 7945 CF

• Hallo... SORRY to post in English and would appreciate some advice...

Have upgraded my Traffic Pro 7945 to the latest system v3.7 and was wondering if there was any way of transferring my original maps from CD Europe 2 CD to a 2GB CF card

• No, you will have to get new maps on CF-card since the latest system version is only working with navigation via card. The old maps cannot be transferred.

Because the latest software is only working with card-navigation, the software normally can be purchised only in combination with the maps.

• Zitat

Original von lancemcschwaenz
    No, you will have to get new maps on CF-card since the latest system version is only working with navigation via card. The old maps cannot be transferred.

Because the latest software is only working with card-navigation, the software normally can be purchised only in combination with the maps.

Thanks for the quick response... I bought an ORIGINAL upgrade system CD ONLY... I found out that the maps had to be on CF card afterwards !! so I assumed I could transfer my maps over that way.... any I know now that it is not possible and will have to look at getting a new set of maps on a CF card.

As a temporary measure, is it possible to REVERT to the old ver? is there a way to FORCE an upgrade (DOWNgrade) ?

Thanks again

• Hello!
    As far as I know a downgrade will not be possible. Only Becker can do that and as I read they won't do that.
    The whole community of Becker 79xx navi is waiting for a new version of software. Version 4.0 was announced fourth quarter 2007 and then first quarter 2008.
    So don't buy the wrong one!!!
    Bye
    Sven

• Hi Sven

Arggggg, just bought v3.7 - wish I'd known about v4 comimg out. It is very difficult to get any details for Becker in England as there are only TWO appointed dealers/representatives and no forums as such.

Looks I'll have to do with v3.7 for now and get current maps on CF card (ver 3 ?) as navigation is not possible at the moment on my 7945 X( as it expects navigation software to be inserted before it can complete the upgrade (everything else is ok - bt/radio/mp3/cd/voice).

lancemcschwaenz / SvenRuppelt

Thank you all again for your help

• hmm.. your radio has an CF Slot? maybe it helps when someone send you the content of the cf card, then you buy a 2GB CF Card, copy it into and then you can work with your cascade?

Is sad, normaly you don´t should buy the CD, it think they is always free of charge if you have problems with a BT device..

• Zitat

Original von marci
    hmm.. your radio has an CF Slot? maybe it helps when someone send you the content of the cf card, then you buy a 2GB CF Card, copy it into and then you can work with your cascade?

Is sad, normaly you don´t should buy the CD, it think they is always free of charge if you have problems with a BT device..

Hallo marci

Yes it has CF slot and I already have a 2GB CF card and it would be nice to experiment...

Must remember the 'BT device problem' for future use ;)

Thank you for your help and advice

• hans03 / fwd

Sorry to say, but copying the maps is illegal (read the licence) and such topics should not be discussed in this forum (as it will have legal consequences for the operater of this forum)!

@fwd - FYI , the CF card is protected with a hardware encryption. Hence, don't waste your time (trying to download to maps from somewhere and to copy it to your CF). It won't work - believe me!

• Zitat

Original von thomasfrank72
    hans03 / fwd

Sorry to say, but copying the maps is illegal (read the licence) and such topics should not be discussed in this forum (as it will have legal consequences for the operater of this forum)!

@fwd - FYI , the CF card is protected with a hardware encryption. Hence, don't waste your time (trying to download to maps from somewhere and to copy it to your CF). It won't work - believe me!

Hi thomasfrank

I fully appreciate the legality of copy'ing maps and do NOT wish to cause trouble to the forum members or operators.

If you note from the original post, I was asking about TRANSFERRING MY OWN maps from MY OWN cdroms to a CF card because I upgraded my Becker and now MY OWN ORIGINAL CDs are of no use as the 7945 expects to see the maps on a CF and not cd.

I hope that explains my situation and justifies my original request.

Kind Regards
    Regards

• @fwd

I was referring to marci's comment "someone send you the content of the cf card...." and your reply "would be nice to experiment....". Anyway.

You won't be able to use the map data V1.0 on a CF card (in combination with the current operating system V3.5 / V 3.6 / V3.61 or V 3.7).

From my point of view you should either wait until Navteq is going to release the new version 4.0 (as the map data of V3.0 is 2 1/2 years old already) or to purchase the existing version (3.0) on 3,2,1 - the famous auction portal. Up to you, but I'd recommend to wait for the new release.

Good luck.

• lancemcschwaenz (THANKS) has already mentioned that the purchase of system software should come with the maps, so it was my fault for not making sure before I bought v3.7 system CD. Now that I need CF maps, so might as well wait for v4, which hopefully would be CD+CF, and use my TomTom till then ?(

Can the CF be removed once the maps are loaded and the slot used for MP3s etc... ?

Use of maps on a CF, in my opinion, is a backward step as it takes more time and concentration to eject the CF card whilst driving than just to hit the eject button and replace a CD in a BID slot.... but there you go, what do I know...

Thank you for the clarification... :)

• I can imagine that it sounds to be complicated. You can remove the CF if the way is loaded and you can place your MP3 CF. This can be 4 GB. The internal memory space is big enough to keep the road and an big corridor.
    Sincerly
    Sven

• ups sorry @ all, i think if you have a becker than you have the origin right to copy maps from one media to other. (you can use this only with a becker what´s come with orignal maps - my thinking) I have not really experience with thinks like this ;) maybe a good idea to wait for the 4.0 maps, then i can make a gift for you fwd: I can send you my original 3.0 CF card :)

• Zitat

Original von marci
    ups sorry @ all, i think if you have a becker than you have the origin right to copy maps from one media to other. (you can use this only with a becker what´s come with orignal maps - my thinking) I have not really experience with thinks like this ;) maybe a good idea to wait for the 4.0 maps, then i can make a gift for you fwd: I can send you my original 3.0 CF card :)

:D marci, that sounds like a brilliant idea : drink

• :) : drink

but when comes 4.0 ???? ;) you remember, i´dont use normaly navigation with my Becker, it´s only fallback if i lose my pocketpc or my pc in the car not works :)