Becker Z203 Activesync connection possible or not?

• Sorry for the english language but my german level is very very low (ridiculous I should say...)

I use a Becker Z203 gps with PMB and @tomic skin V2 and everything is OK.
    But ... I would like to install some other softwares such as Memorymap.
    this software is unfortunately not available as a ".cab" file (it is very easy in this case) but as a Windows installer (".exe" or ".msi" file) an the only way to be able to install it is to have an Activesync connection with the PC. I am concious that you shoud additionnaly install some other dlls in order to launch such sofwares on a wince device, but it is another question...

Does anyone know how to install and activate an Activesync connection on a Becker Z203?
    If it is possible, is it easy and not risky for the proper functionning of the device?

Thanks by advance for any help ;)

• Hello,

it isn't possible to use ActivSync,but with the Windows Installer you are able to install to SD Card in Reader,aren't you? After installation on the Sd Card you can copy with Total Commander to internal Storage!

Regards Sascha

• Samue,

thank you for this idea but ...

unfortunately, the majority of installers for Pocket PCs check by Activesync that a device is connected. If it is not the case, the install stops.
    Your idea of installation on the micro-SD card seems impossible to apply in most cases.
    My hope to be able to install Memory map was just a dream ...
    I know that some other sofwares like OziexplorerCe or NoniGpsPlot could be "perfect" but I have tried both and Ozi has a too low level for the screen lightning so that it is impossible to see the map outside, and with NoniGpsPlot I obtain an error when trying do load a new map.
    If there is a possibility to increase the light level of the screen with OziexplorerCE, it is obviously the best software for a use when hiking. I am able to create appropriate maps with a scale of 1/25000e for instance and it is perfect for this use outside.

• Hello,

you should take a look at "Glopus" and "GPS-Mate",but i can't say anything about the languages!

Glopus >> Press

GPS-Mate >> Press

Regards Sascha

• Hello samue,

thank you for theses infos

I have tried these two softwares and I am a bit disappointed, so that I have bought a new screen protector in order to try to avoid reflection.

I hope that OziexplorerCE without reflection on the screen could remain the best choice.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jack_capvil ()