DVD Recorder - fragmentation of Title HDD-to-DVD

• Entschuldigung fuer Englisch! PIONEER DVD RECORDER DVR-720H

STRANGE PROBLEM - ONE TITLE ON MY HDD FRAGMENTS INTO MANY TITLES ON THE COPY LIST THAT IS USED FOR COPYING FROM HDD ONTO A DVD

Usually I have no problem transferring video from my VCR onto the HDD, where it makes one single title. Then I can copy this to a DVD disc - no problem - still one title.

Programs recorded onto the VCR from Australian television have always behaved normally - except for two episodes of a program called "Outback House".

Each of these seems to be a single Title on the HDD, and they behave normally - I can watch these programs normally. However, the problem comes when I try to Add one to the Copy List to burn a DVD. The shorter episode fragments into 37 Titles, for no obvious reason. The longer one cannot be added to the Copy List at all - presumably because it would fragment into more than 99 Titles.

This has only happened with "Outback House" - no other program. The only two episodes I have both show the same problem.

Pioneer here in Germany has never heard of this problem, and I am completely baffled. The person who recorded the videotape also recorded all the other programs that work, and she says there was nothing different.

Pioneer suggested that some signal discontinuities or shifting of frame dimensions (in and out of 4:3 for example) might be reasons, but why would those only affect the Copy List and not the HDD copy?

I'd appreciate any insight into the reason for this strange phenomenon.

Thanks
    Rick H

• Rick, your life would be much better for completely avoiding Australian TV programmes. And that would sure solve your DVD burning problem too ;)

Actually you're way off topic here anyway as this forum is for Pioneer navigation systems and so has zip to do with your 'Outback' viewing addiction...

Good luck with your German language studies :) Better luck next time...

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von ()