Vnr 9000

• Hi Forum!

Can i fit a VNR 9000 Sat Nav system to a Focus as simply as i can fit it to my mondeo???? (plug & Play?)

Any help would be great??

Thanks

Steve

• Hallo Forum!

Kann ich ein gesessenes Nav System VNR 9000 zu einem Fokus so einfach passen, wie ich ihn zu meinem mondeo passen kann???? (Stecker u. Spiel?)

Jede mögliche Hilfe würde? groß sein?

Dank Steve

• hi steve, you cant´t!
    but, you can plug&play, to use the radio!
    to use the gps, you need the original avc-wire, it´s a little yellow connector with a green/white wire! only with this one, and with the gps antenna of course, works the gps! may, i can find out the right pin for you!
    where do you come from?

• Hi Steve,

please write in your native language. The results of your translator (google, bablefish, or so) are quite terrible. ;)

• hallo,
    sicher kannst Du, genau wie Plug und Play.
    Wenn Du ein 5000/ 6000 Sound System in
    Deinem Focus hast. Steckerbelgung ist gleich.

MfG dirk

• leiss meinen thread und du weisst, daß er es schon weiss

• Thanks for your help Coupe!!

I'm from Cambridge in the UK, i'm sure you have heard of it, it is a big university town.

Sorry about the Google German, you were right about it baing bad, sorry i shall stick to my native language!! :D

Ok so i understand that i could plug the VNR 9000 unit into a Focus for example and get the radio to work but it is obviously the Navigation i need to work!

I used to have the unit installed in my company Ford Mondeo but as i have now moved companies i would like to get a new Ford (Fiesta or Focus. Preferably something smaller than a Mondeo) and fit the VNR 9000 unit into it.

I have a ford GPS antenne which i have used on the unit in my old mondeo and it worked very well as obviously the Mondeo is set up with the correct speed sensor wiring to feed the navigation unit?

What i am wanting to find out is if it is possible to obtain the same speed sensor wiring from any other Ford to give the VNR the signals to tell it the car is moving???

• Do you know which one of those pins is the speed pulse signal???

I thinks it's either Pin 6 on Block C (AVC????? What is this?) or Pin 5 on Block (Alarm??)

Can you tell me if i am correct??

I think it must be one of these two because they were the only pins connected in my previous Ford Mondeo and that worked perfectly???

• AVC= Automatic Volume Control

that is the only pin you need