1120 akkus - hilfe, bitte (im englisch!)

• I finally bought a 1120 (from Computeruniverse.net). I like the size and shape (I wanted something easier to move from the car than my Tomtom 700) and SirfIII works well. BUT: there is a problem with the battery. I charged it in the house for 6 h, but it soon showed 'Battery low'. I charged it again, and have the same problem. I get the warning when the charger is connected! I then tried using the car charger, and left it all day. The icon did not show full charge, and when I tried using the 1120 I got the same problems.

Is there anything else I can do? I will contact Bury and Computeruniverse, but I would be interested if anyone else has had akkus problems.

Danke,

Chris

• Hi Chris,

sounds to me like you picked one with a faulty battery.
    Can you return it or get it replaced respectively?

• Hi Reini,

Thank you. I agree that a faulty battery is the probable problem, but there is the possibility of poor contacts. The room charger is giving 5.14 V, and the car charger gives the 'Battery charging' message on the screen. Everything seems OK if I use the 1120 in the car, connected to the charger, but when I disconnect I get the problems again. However, it is now beside me (not connected) and displaying the map with no errors!

I will leave it switched on for several hours to kill the battery, and try charging from empty.

Computeruniverse.net have a simple returns procedure, and they can collect the parcel from home. I have had no reply from Bury yet.

Chris