English speaking threat aka questions for fable

• Ok, since the other threatis getting outa hand turnung into a mixture if german and english I tought it may be a wise idea to open a threat directly dedicated to enlgish only questions that may help fable to find his way here in the forum.

So if you wanna ask something, keep it in english or contact anyone of those english speaking folks (like me or others) willing to help, so fable can have a look here and maybe answer certain issues faster and easier than it would be using a mixed language theat.

If that's a stupid idea, feel free to close that threat.

• I start with a couple of questions I have regarding an april 12th version I was able to test.

1.) What gps log format does iGo support? I've some *.nmea files but they are not regognized by iGo. Do I need any special format here or is that an iGo only feature meaning that only logs by iGo can be read by iGo?

2.) What about the speed limit? I saw iGo offers speed reminders if driving above the allowed speed. If so, that would imply that iGo map data includes allowed speed for the various streets. Any plans to include something similar to the MN5 sings displaying the allowed speed?

3.) There's a slight "lag" I noticed in my very limited tests, like the iGo position was 20-30m behind the real one. Any idea how to correct that? Those things were tested with a very old GPS receiver though, I'll test it with a SIRFIII monday and see if that does the trick.

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Private-Cowboy ()

• Hello Private-Cowboy

1.)
    In iGO you can store 2 kinds of LogFile. One is called GPStrack. After recording this kind, you can export this Trackfile to the GPX-Format. This kind of File you can replay in iGO. The 2 kind of LogFile is an NMEA-LogFile which is stored by iGO. This one you can not replay in iGO.

2.)
    This question I can not response

3.)
    No, in iGO normaly there is no "lag" notice. I think that this can be a reason by a bad HDOP. What kind of hardware is in use?

• Zitat

Original von Private-Cowboy
    2.) What about the speed limit? I saw iGo offers speed reminders if driving above the allowed speed. If so, that would imply that iGo map data includes allowed speed for the various streets. Any plans to include something similar to the MN5 sings displaying the allowed speed?

3.) There's a slight "lag" I noticed in my very limited tests, like the iGo position was 20-30m behind the real one. Any idea how to correct that? Those things were tested with a very old GPS receiver though, I'll test it with a SIRFIII monday and see if that does the trick.

2) in the advanced settings you can pick a field (of the 3) in the cockpit view to show the actual speed limit.
    3) this lag varies from receiver to receiver, and some of them are precise.

• Hallo Private-Cowboy

dies ist ein Forum, in dem Usern von Usern geholfern wird, kein Industrieforum

so sehr ich mich freue, dass fable bei uns hereinschaut
    möchte ich ihn doch nicht über Gebühr beanspruchen

die meisten deiner Fragen könntest du durch das Studium dier Postings dieses Boards und des Handbuches (das ebenfalls in diesem Board verlinkt ist), sebst beantworten

ausserdem sind nicht alle unserer User des Englischen mächtig, daher finde ich es als eine Unhöflichkeit denen gegenüber

mit der Bitte um dein Verständnis schliesse ich diesen Thread

PS Geschwindigkeitsbegrenzungen kennt iGO jetzt schon, die betreffenden Schilder anzeigen bzw Standorte von Speedcams können bereits die Mio-PNAs, also wird es bei den PDAs nicht mehr lange dauern