TMC in TomTom PDA möglich !!

• Zitat

Original von baer42
    I get the error message: UART ERROR

The DecoRDS is compatible with WM5, but whenever it is used with a receiver Bluetooth. When a receiver with connection by wire is used (GNS FM9, 9830 ...), exists a mutual incompatibility between OpenNETFC and WM5: the speed cannot be modified (WM5), and only can be connected to 9600 bps. Nevertheless, it is possible to use it with a virtual COM... software GpsGate

• funny,

after i posted the answer from from J.R.Pueyo we can see page nr 5........

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von baer42 ()

• Hello Jose,

Does your Deco-Rds provide an option to record rds log-files? If so, could you post a sample, please?

I work on a TMC-decoder, so far decoding binary rds-logs from GNS receivers (these logs can be recorded with Gopal, MN, probably IGO). Maybe it could be interesting to compare the results.

If available, I would also be interested in event lists and supplementary information lists in foreign languages. At present I have the actual version for German, an English one, and another for French but it is not complete (compared to the German).

Regards,
    m.g

• With software DecoRDS you can save in a file from text all the information from the TMC that is the text box, when you select to Group 8 = TMC. In order to keep the data, it is enough with touching the text box.

If you need a file log with the TMC that is received, this software does not keep it, but you can use the file Demo of the TMC that is enclosed in the unloading of software in Spanish. If I can help in something more, tell me that it is what you need.

• Sorry, but I could not find the file "Demo". I wanted to try to feed my data to DecRds (running on Win CE Emulator).

I have a logfile from spain and for some records I cannot find the secondary location. For example:
    3FE2138546A0DEC5473F - TMC1: id(6) dir(0) div(1) ext(4) event: 222 location 50503
    3FE2138546420800003F - TMC2(0): id(6) 2080000

Accidente.Tráfico rojo., length of problem 1 km
    CM-311 : Graja de Iniesta -> Villanueva de la Jara
    not found - A-3
    [URL=http://maps.google.de/maps?q=+39.50948,-1.67431]http://maps.google.de/maps?q=+39.50948,-1.67431[/URL]

• Zitat

Original von m.g
    I cannot find the secondary location.

OK! :applaus

You finish finding a failure in the codification that TMC server, does of the DGT. In these cases, you would have to show the event without the extension.

Thus it is as it shows the DecoRDS in the text box:

L:50503 +4/E:222 (MG) #6
    # En CM-311, Km: 27 dir ENT.
    Accidente.Tráfico rojo
    [Label 2] 1 Km

Thus it would be seen in the TomTom map:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g123/Jose_Ramon/DecoRDS/TMC_A3.jpg]

• Thank you! I changed my software to remind the number of valid steps and to retain the last valid location as secondary location, like this:

[Graja de Iniesta / N-III] - A-3

• Hallo Jungs,

klingt alles hochinteressant, leider versteh ich zu wenig englisch :-D) um alles verstehen zu können.

Ich hoffe, wenn es funktioniert, gibts eine Anleitung in deutsch :tup

hjmil

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hjmil ()

• Zitat

Original von m.g
    I changed my software to remind the number of valid steps and to retain the last valid location as secondary location

If your software is oriented to the end user, that is the best solution. In my case, the DecoRDS is being used to verify the correct operation of different RDS applications.

The solution which I have taken, allows to know when it fails codification of TMC server... in all the events that are received with an extension different of '0', must begin with the sign '*'

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g123/Jose_Ramon/DecoRDS/TMC_Error.jpg]

• Zitat

Original von Jose-Ramon
    If your software is oriented to the end user, that is the best solution. In my case, the DecoRDS is being used to verify the correct operation of different RDS applications.

Hello Jose,

My first approach to code a piece of TMC software was the doubt on correct operating of Gopal 2.x. And in fact, GoPal has some serious problems with TMC, even after two patches.
    With Gopal I had the advantage to record logs and to playback: So I made the program for PC to analyse TMC and to compare with the PNA-readings.

I am rather astonished to see, that broadcasters send erronous messages, as for the example with spain. At present I wait also for a feed-back from Belgium, where some messages are apparently coded by the broadcaster with wrong locations.

Regards,
    m.g

PS: I am still interested in event list and / or supplementary information list in spanish...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von m.g ()

• Zitat

Original von m.g
    I am rather astonished to see, that broadcasters send erronous messages, as for the example with spain.

The main problem that exists with the TMC, is that the provider of service TMC do not install a system that verifies the quality of codification TMC... when coming out of their TMC server. Some times, already I have verified that TMC server (Spain) codifies a retention of traffic in opposite sense = double error.

Zitat

Original von m.g
    I am still interested in event list and / or supplementary information list in spanish...

I attached one file log, with all the information RDS that transmits RNE 3. In order to play with software DecoRDS, and in format GNS:

• Thanks Jose for the log file, attached the data converted to the "raw" format that I can analyze, together with my analysis.

Well, when I asked for event list / supplementary list in Spanish: if you have a look at my attached csv-file, you will find many English texts in the file - I would like to improve this.

• Zitat

Original von m.g
    iyou will find many English texts in the file - I would like to improve this.

The only problem that I see, is that you have not translated to the Spanish the identificator Label 2. The translation to the Spanish would be: Longitud del problema... but I would change it by: durante

The message would be thus: "Tráfico verde, durante 7 km"

I attached the table of AlertC events, translated to the Spanish: