TMC in TomTom PDA möglich !!

• Zitat

Original von m.g
    Do you have any information about signal strength from the receiver?

A good level of signal RF, does not indicate that reception RDS-TMC is going to be good. With receiver RTG-2000 he would be very simple to show RF level in screen, but it would not be of utility in this software.

The quality of the data of the RDS, depends on % of modulation of subcarrier RDS and the possible interferences in the channel. The relation RF/subcarrier RDS, is not equal in all the transmitters.

• Zitat

Original von rabecker
    always: @1, @2, @3
    G8 1,0(9,0 0,9)

Thanks.

Comparative of the TMC: Germany-Spain

GERMANY

Transmission type multi-group, with redundancy 3. They are needed 2 groups by each event to transmit.
    1 event TMC is received each 6"

SPAIN

Transmission type multi-group, with redundancy 2. They are needed 2 groups by each event to transmit.
    1 event TMC is received each 2"

Minimum time necessary, to receive a cycle of 100 active events

Germany: 100 x 6 = 600" = 10'
    Spain: 100 x 2 = 200" = 3' 20"

The speed of the TMC in Spain is 3 times greater (x3) than in Germany, but the transmission in Germany is a 33% more robust than in Spain.

• Well, refering to this thread it's possible to add TMC to TomTom on Pda via this tool but at the moment just for Spain and Italy.

Do you know when this option is possible for german users?
    Are you able to change the program that way to make it useable for us?

I'm really interested in TMC.
    On the other hand: Will TomTom add the TMC option for PDAs on version 7?
    If yes: when will the new version release? Any information?

Thx for you help.

So far
    TeXeC

• Zitat

Original von TeXeC
    Do you know when this option is possible for german users?

When it has the table of locations TMC of Germany.

Zitat

Original von TeXeC
    Will TomTom add the TMC option for PDAs on version 7?

At the moment, is no information about TomTom for Pocket PC... only for its PNA's. If they did it for Pocket PC, is very possible that they follow in the same line = without support RDS-TMC.

Zitat

Original von TeXeC
    If yes: when will the new version release? Any information?

Already exist Beta versions of the TT7 for PNA. I suppose that it will be on sale before year end.

• Hallo, I´m back from holiday.

Any news about german TMC-Tables?
    Did You contact the author of TMCView?
    He got the tables from anywhere and could share them gratis. Why not you too?
    I have some suggestions for changing your prog:

1. When switching on, the searching of stations automaticly begins.
    2. At the beginning, one can select the suiting TMC-table.
    3. Store the tables seperatly? In moment I can not find the tables in any file.
    Greetings
    Rabecker

• Thanks to bakker_be, already I have the table of locations TMC of Belgium. Still they have not answered to me the request that I did and I do not have the tables of Germany.

As far as your suggestions:

1) Software DecoRDS is used for other applications different from the TMC. The option to look for a transmitter with TMC, already exists in Manual mode.

2-3) The tables of locations TMC are compiled within sotware (DecoRDS.exe). Of this form, the program is faster and trustworthy. The data TMC contain a part of code and is not needed a module of control of errors.

• Zitat

Original von Jose-Ramon
    2-3) The tables of locations TMC are compiled within sotware (DecoRDS.exe). Of this form, the program is faster and trustworthy. The data TMC contain a part of code and is not needed a module of control of errors.

While I don't doubt you are right about stability & speed, will this not make your software harder to update when new location tables are published?
    Bart

• All the tables of locations follow a format standard. Nevertheless, Forum TMC does not review thorough the information that contains, and usually appears empty fields, errors in some index, etc.

By the way, to the table of locations of Belgium it needs the denomination of all the highways, enough names and some lines with the indication of step location... ?(

• You already have a version beta of software DecoRDS, with the tables of locations TMC of Germany: DecoRDS_Ge >>> LTN: D-1 (v6.0)

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i55.photobucket.com/alb…_Ramon/DecoRDS/TMC_Ge.jpg]

I have modified the code of storage of the table of locations, for the versions (beta) of Belgium and Germany.

These are new link's of unloading:

DecoRDS_Be >>> LTN: 6-1 (v2.2)
    http://rapidshare.com/files/43…/DecoRDS_Belgium_beta.zip

DecoRDS_Ge >>> LTN: D-1 (v6.0)
    http://rapidshare.com/files/43…/DecoRDS_Germany_beta.zip

I wait for your commentaries, before putting in the Web the final revision.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Jose-Ramon ()

• Hello Jose-Ramon,

finally I got the Application installed with some tricks. (pictures attached)

1. I installed the latest spanish version (for the TMC addon in TomTom)
    path is here \Storage Card\RNE(J.R.Pueyo) DecoRDS\

2. I installed the German version in the same directory and renamed the file in DecoRDS.exe

3. I edit the file TMC.cap in directory \TomTom\SdkRegistry\
    Here I had to change the following line:

AppPath|\Storage Card\RNE(J.R.Pueyo) DecoRDS\|

because the original was \Archivos de Programa\DecoRDS\
    in German PDA standard directory for apps is \Programme

How to start:
    1. start TomTom appl
    2. start DecoRDS
    3. press OPEN
    4. Input -> CONTROL -> Search TMC (until found a station)
    5. Input -> TMC in TomTom
    The TomTom window comes in front and then wait some time.
    There will be new OVI TMC in the points of interest.

If TomTom ist not started before and I select TMC in TomTom, the TomTom window opens short time and closes again?

The function of the TMCaddon is not very clear for me, because there was only a renew if I deselect TMC in TomTom and then select again?

I hope this helps you.

• 1) You install: DecoRDS and OpenNETCF in the memory of Pocket PC... not in SD card.
    2) In the version 'beta' of Germany, I do not have including pluggin ControlTMC. If you use the version of Spain:

So that this access works, it is necessary that file: \TomTom\sdkregistry\TMC.cap shows the Path of the DecoRDS.

You edit: AppPath|\Program Files\DecoRDS\| >>> to >>> AppPath|\Programme\DecoRDS_Ge\|

In order to avoid that TomTom® takes the port from your receiver GNS:

1) Start DecoRDS_Ge
    2) Press OPEN
    3) Input -> CONTROL -> Search TMC (until found a station)
    4) Input -> TMC in TomTom

You have more details in the manual:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/44374669/Manual_DecoRDS_En.zip

Due to the multiple interruptions produced from DecoRDS, the menus of TomTom® software will not work correctly until the load of TMC incidences finalizes. It is possible to go to the TomTom® menus during the first 45 seconds (after listening to the first acoustic warning), when we took it from the DecoRDS software. Soon we will have to hope that the load of TMC events finalizes (approx. 3 minutes):

1) Open the DecoRDS software and tune a transmitter that transmits TMC information. Then we can go to the TMC menu in TomTom. With this action, TomTom® will be start, and the order of all previous TMC incidences are deleted (the files TMC.ov2 and TMC.bmp will erase).

2) After 30 seconds of TomTom® running, an acoustic warning will be heard. At this moment the new TMC.ov2 file is created with a incidence test (Test TMC) ,containing the information of the used locations in the TMC table, as well as the date and hour in which the load of events has begun. This PDI (Test), allows us to see in the east list group named PDI 'TMC', which lets us visualize the data in a list ordered by the distance from our house, a city, or by proximity in our route. If we used a virtual port, we will also be able to order the list by distance from our position GPS. We have 45 seconds (after the first acoustic warning), to select the menu that we want to have visible in TomTom®, because while the load of TMC events load (3 minutes approx) it will not correctly work the menus of the program. For example, we can select the list of TMC POI (OVI) type, ordered by distance from our house. Thus we will see as TMC events enter the list, and see how they are ordered by distance from our house.

3) Without a virtual port: After 3 minutes (approx), new TMC events will only enter, since a cycle of transmissions will have finalized (active events). The repetitions and redundancy of the events, do not send to the DecoRDS program.

At this moment:

a) If we want to use the TomTom® software to navigate, we will have to close the DecoRDS application. An application has been created 'ControlTMC.exe' that we will be able to take from the 4ª menu of the TomTom® screen.

So that this access works, it is necessary that file: \TomTom\sdkregistry\TMC.cap shows the Path of the DecoRDS:

Version|100|
    AppName|ControlTMC|
    AppPath|\Program Files\DecoRDS\|
    AppIconFile|TMC.bmp|
    AppMainTitle|ControlTMC|
    AppPort|2001|
    COMMAND|CMD||TMC.bmp|Control DecoRDS|

b) If we only want to see the traffic of events in real time, we will be able to move by the menus and to see the incidences in the map, in order of the list of TMC events, by distance from any capital, etc. (see point 5)

4) With a virtual port: After approx. 3 minutes, new TMC events will only enter, since a cycle of transmissions will have been completed. The repetitions and redundancy of the events, do not send the DecoRDS program. Now we will be able to move through the menus without problems.

5) If we leave the DecoRDS application open, new TMC events will appear in real time. At the same time and form of when the TMC server sends an order of cancellation of some event, DecoRDS software will eliminate its TomTom® list. That is to say, that TomTom® will have only active TMC events in the list. It is important to emphasize that those TMC locations will appear in the highways centre. If it is a double direction, we will see them in the medium site, between the two highways. In the dynamic navigators, is the content of the message that determines the sense, distances and highway (if it is a crossing) of the TMC event; in order to be able to present/display the track of the retention in the section of the affected highway.

• marcof972:
    You have try all speeds of the COM port.
    In my case (GNS-TMC charger) it works with 38800 bps.