TMC in TomTom PDA möglich !!

• Zitat

Original von PMAX... you must announce yourself in the forum

Yes, already but I prefer myself to hope to that the people in charge of forum TMC respond me to the 'official' request , before looking for by other means.

Zitat

Original von Jose-RamonI have already requested the tables of official form, now I am waiting for the answer.

• Hello Jose,

If you want the official location codes (and event list) for Germany, address your request to info@bast.de. They will guide you. My experience was that they respond very fast.

Best regards,
    m.g

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von m.g ()

• Thanks m.g, I will consider if I have not an answer.

I would like to know the way of work of TMC server of Germany. If some of you has installed software DecoRDS, and has a receiver RDS-TMC:

1) When starting the DecoRDS, is not necessary to load TMC tables
    2) To scan a transmitter with TMC [Group 8]
    3) To select: Group 8
    4) To wait for until they let enter data in text box
    5) Click in the text box
    6) Send me the file: \My Documents\TMC_[PI].txt, to the email that appears in the manual.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g123/Jose_Ramon/DecoRDS/TMC_1-1.jpg]

Thanks.

• You're welcome. BAST is the official contact for Germany - as far as I understood, it is the one and only authority for the german location tables.

Unfortunately the DecoRds will not install on my PNA: already the OpenNetCF part fails. However, I could send you some rds-logs, if this can help you.

• Hallo,
    I have such a file in my ppc . It was recorded on 21. 06. with spanish version.
    In the evening i will try to send.
    rabecker

• Zitat

Original von m.g You're welcome. BAST is the official contact for Germany - as far as I understood, it is the one and only authority for the german location tables.

Already, but I did the request to the regulating organism of the TMC in Europe asking for the tables of all the countries.

Zitat

Original von m.gUnfortunately the DecoRds will not install on my PNA: already the OpenNetCF part fails. However, I could send you some rds-logs, if this can help you.

The DecoRDS is compatible with WM5, but whenever it is used with a receiver Bluetooth. When a receiver with connection by wire is used (GNS FM9), exists a mutual incompatibility between OpenNETFC and WM5: the speed cannot be modified (WM5), and only can be connected to 9600 bps. Nevertheless, it is possible to use it with a virtual COM... software GpsGate [ http://franson.com/gpsgate/ ].

Zitat

Original von rabecker I have such a file in my ppc . It was recorded on 21. 06. with spanish version. In the evening i will try to send.
    rabecker

Ok, thanks.

• Hello Jose,

LCL: OK, now I got the point... can you let me know, in the case that you get the tables from a unique contact, please.

DecoRds and PNA: My PNA is unfortunately only based on CE5.0, many programs cannot be installed or do not run on it. I tried without OpenNETCF, and it said that it was not the correct OS, further that there was no CF installed. It seems that Compact Framework will not correctly install, so if your program is based on CF, no chance for me.

Regards,
    m.g

• Zitat

Original von m.g
    DecoRds and PNA: My PNA is unfortunately only based on CE5.0, many programs cannot be installed or do not run on it.

I have checked DecoRDS on WM5 and works fine.
    A question... you have installed OpenNETCF in the ram of your PPC (not in SD Card)?

• Thank you for your answers. Unfortunately my PNA is not a PDA: the OS is not only restricted by missing some dlls, but the core itself does not accept all functions. So far I was not able to use any application based on Compact Framework, and OpenNETCF does NOT install.

I hope that I explained it correctly.

• Zitat

Original von rabecker
    Here the txt files that you asked for.

Thanks for the files.

I suppose that the reception point was not very good, because are observed many jumps in the index of continuity of the TMC. The way of operation of TMC server of Germany, is almost identical to the of Spain. In the case of WDR 2, transmission TMC is type: Multi-Group/Simple Group (mixed). It uses the type Simple to transmit the events of smaller relevance those than they do not affect the situation of the traffic.

In order to complete this information, I would like to know how two things more:

1) Number of repetitions of each TMC message (redundancy). That can be verified in the line that appears above of the text box.

Op: WDR2/@1 (received message 1 time)
    Op: WDR2/@2,3,4 (repetition of the previous message)

Which is the greater number of those than appears?

2) Interval, rate and speed of the groups '3A' and '8A'. These values can be seen in the line of text that appears underneath the text box.

You select [Group: 8] and read the values of this line:
    [G8] 0,49" (17,8% ... 2,03 G/s.)

You select [Group: 3] and read the values of this line:
    [G3] 2,1" (4,16% ... 0,47 G/s.)

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g123/Jose_Ramon/DecoRDS/TMC_Rate.jpg]

• From analyzing some logs I can answer your first question: each 8A group is sent 3 times.

What I am wondering about: how do you calculate the error % in your application?

• Zitat

Original von m.g
    From analyzing some logs I can answer your first question: each 8A group is sent 3 times.

Ok, thanks.

Zitat

Original von m.g
    What I am wondering about: how do you calculate the error % in your application?

When the Multi-Group type (TMC) is transmitted, it is necessary to insert an identifier that indicates the relation between the main group '8A', and the groups '8A' that is related to the main message. This indicator, it is known him like continuity index. The continuity index is made up of 3 bit, and its value is increased in each new message TMC. It does not change the value in the repetitions, and must stay this value in all the groups related to the main message of Multi-Group(MG) in the text box of the DecoRDS.

The maximum possible number of combinations with 3 bit is:

000 = 0 - > not used
    001 = 1
    010 = 2
    111 = 3
    100 = 4
    101 = 5
    110 = 6
    111 = 7 - > not used

Values 0 and 7 are not used by the sequence identifier. Therefore, events TMC would have to follow this sequence: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #1, #2....

Any jump in this index, is motivated by a loss of data TMC:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g123/Jose_Ramon/DecoRDS/Inex_TMC.jpg]

DecoRDS, calculates the error of the following way:

Speed RDS = 1.187, 5 bps
    RDS Group = 104 bit

Speed Group = 1187,5/104 ... 11.4 G/seg.

Quality of the RDS (%) = Received groups X 100 / 11,4

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Jose-Ramon ()

• Thank you for your explanation. Do you have any information about signal strength from the receiver? Edit: I just see, that is what you call "Quality of the RDS"!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von m.g ()