serial com port

• Excuse-me for the non German-language:

Can I use the "serial" connector (18pin) on COM1 or the USB (5pin mini-usb) on COM2 as a regular com-port for input of f.i. TMC- GNS data?

tested already com1 ("serial"-connector) port: works, but problem is that the internal GPS-receiver also is installed on COM1 (is then either external COM-port on "serial"-connector OR GPS data, but not BOTH!(the first soft that opens the com1 gets the port then)

two questions:

can the gps-receiver be rerouted to an other virtcom? (or other comX by registry-value-change?)

can I use the mini USB 5 pin as a standard RS232-Com-port?

Thanks everybody, great forum you have!!!!!!

Virol.

• Hi virol,

first of all, sorry for my english :gap

I think the 7914 would not work with a tmc gns adaptor, because the software of the 7914 has got no tmc parts...( at most I think the mini usb would work, but i think you have to change something in the pref.inis; but in the end it would`t work because of the missing TMC parts...)

regards

volkte

• @ Volkte

thanks for your answer Volkte! (BTW your english is fine)

with the external GNS TMC adaptor the data is comming serial on 38400 Baud, the hardware for the TMC is external and must go to the TA7914 by means of a serial free COM-port.

Virol.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von virol ()

• But even when the gns-adaptor works together with the 7914, the becker software of the 7914 is not made for use with tmc....

And I think that another software ( perhabs MN 6 for pna) would`t work on the 7914...

volkte

• @ Volkte,

TA7914 runs with MN6 (PNA-VERSION) and also with MIOMAP 3.2 or IGO (also PNA-version) with have both TMC capabilities.

search only a way to have a free COM-port onto the TA7914.

you sayed something about the mini-USB would work. can you explain furter please?

Virol.

• Zitat

Original von virol
    @ Volkte,

TA7914 runs with MN6 (PNA-VERSION) and also with MIOMAP 3.2 or IGO (also PNA-version) with have both TMC capabilities.

Virol.

Oh, I am surprised that the 7914 works with the other softwares!

I think you have to change something in die inis:

I found (for MN5):

Achtung: bei der Kombination FM9 RDS TMC Adapter für Yakumo deltaX und Navigon MobileNavigator 5 funktioniert die automatische Erkennung nicht und auch per manueller Einstellung kann GPS/TMC nicht korrekt eingerichtet werden. Folgende Einstellungen sind dann manuell in den genannten Dateien zu machen:

Datei: prefs.ini:[gps]
    comport = 2
    receiver = 2
    ExtTmcPort = 5
    baudrate = 4800
    receiver_status = 1

Datei: sgps.ini
    [Serial Port]
    PortNum=5
    BoudRate=38400
    Timeout=5
    BaudRate=4800

This ist from this link:

http://www.pdamax.de/seiten/detailansicht_gn-152.html,

You just have to try...

volkte

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Volker_I. ()

• TA7914 runs with MN6 (PNA-VERSION) and also with MIOMAP 3.2 or IGO (also PNA-version) with have both TMC capabilities.

Can somebody help how to install MN6 or MOIMAP or IGO to 7914 ?

Balazs