Typhoon MyGuide 3610 GO TMC ??

• Hallo Spezialisten,
    irgendwie blieb mir das Netz bis jetzt die Antwort schuldig :(
    Ich habe den PNA MyGuide 3610 GO (auf dem Typenschild unter der Antenne steht aber 3600, was wohl die Baureihe bezeichnet) gekauft und frage mich, ob ich da einen TMC-Adapter anschliessen kann. Weiß da jemand mehr ? Funktioniert das dann auch mit der SW 5.0 oder brauche ich die My Guide 5.5 ?
    Vielen Dank.

dbg

P.S. Vielleicht kann ein Admin meinen Paralle-Post im Bereich "GPS-Empfänger mit TMC und allg. TMC Themen" löschen. Danke

• TMC kannst Du anschließen und mit der installierten Software verwenden.
    Haben ein baugleiches Modell (Easylite 3600 GO mit Gate5 bzw. MyGuide 5 Software) mit TMC.

Neues Kartenmaterial gibt's jetzt auch hier.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jff2k ()

• hello to everybody!

from the begining i must apologize to this site administrator if i put my thread in a wrong place(that it cause i don't understand german language ) and i ask him to put where it belongs
    so!my problem is :

i bought a pna call typhoon myguide 3610go+dach from media markt in germany and of course it have preinstalled germany,austria maps and the software is myguide mapmaker 3.2.1.
    as i read on net myguide develop a new software called myguide 6.0 who have all europe maps including romania (i live in romania)

what i want to know:

is it possible to put this new software (myguide 6.0) on my pna?
    does anyone know if it work?
    where can i find it free download?
    is any tips&tricks to put this software or maybe Igo on my pna?

thanks a lot for your eventuall answer

p.s.: pls remember answer me in english even on my pashamangl@yahoo.com!thank you

finally i discover a free translation and now i put my post in german!here it is(if is not a good translation pls do not laugh )

Hallo zu jedem!

Vom Anfang muss ich mich zu diesem Stellenverwalter entschuldigen, wenn ich stelle meinen Faden in einen falschen Ort (dass es verursacht, dass ich deutsche Sprache) nicht verstehe, und ich bitte ihn zu stellen, wo es so gehört! mein Problem ist:

Ich habe einem pna Ruf Taifun myguide von Medien markt in Deutschland gekauft und selbstverständlich es hat Deutschland, Österreich aufzeichnet preinstalled und die Software ist myguide mapmaker 3.2.1. Während ich auf Netto myguide lese, entwickeln Sie eine neue Software hat gerufen myguide 6,0, der alle Europa Karten einschließlich Rumänien hat (ich lebe in Rumänien)

Was ich kennen will:

Ist es möglich, diese neue Software (myguide 6,0) auf meinem pna zu stellen? Weiß jemand, wenn es arbeiten? Wo kann ich es befreit Download finden? Ist ein tips&tricks, um diese Software zu stellen, oder vielleicht Igo auf meinem pna?

Dank viel für Ihre eventuall Antwort

p.s.: pls an sich erinnern Antwort mich auf Englisch sogar auf meinem pashamangl@Yahoo. com! vielen Dank

• Dear pashamangl,

I have to disappoint you... As far as I know there is no possibility to install a new software on the 3600 series, instead you can use the update provided by smart2go:

http://www.smart2go.com/us/upgrades/map_extension_Europe/

The other problem is, that none of the current navigation systems has good support of eastern europe maps. The installed myguide version of the 3600 series uses Tele Atlas map material (also used by TomTom e.g.), some facts about the map material: e.g. 81% (CZ) - 19% (H) - 23% (PL) - 8% (SK) of detail roads...

If you have a look at Navteq map material (used by Falk, Navigon), there is a similar condition:
    http://www.navigon.com/site/de/de/popup/map_coverage

Maybe you can contact smart2go on their website, but as far as I know, no navigation system supports Romania :(

Best regard,
    Benny

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jff2k ()

• thk for your quick answer jf2kk
    unfortunatelly there is not good news for me
    as i read on other forum there is some crack (i saw for 3210go and 3500)that "transform pna in pda" and then you can put Igo on your pna!
    till now i don't find a crack for 3600 series but i kepp looking!if you or someone else find a crack for 3600 series pls inform me also
    thanks a lot anyway!

• Well, you can unlock the desktop of the PNA (typhoon 3600 series), that's not a problem and works fine.

Use the MobileRegistryEditor and go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init" and edit the value of "launch80" from I think "MainPage.exe" to "MainPage.exee", that's all... desktop's free. If that doesn't work, use the DesktopFree lite version from here.

But it's not an PDA by now, it's still a PNA with CE 4.2 core and visible desktop... And as far as I tried it was not possible to install any other CE compatible navigation software (I've tried NM5 for PNA and GoPal).

• hello!

well!i tried everything i'm all wet of hard work but stiil nothing!
    first i tried in registry and i modified .exe with .exee but all i obtain was to damage activsync and nothing more!so i remove activesync and put once again!
    then i tried with desktopfree lite version but there was no instalation (my pna does not recognize the program).i even read on the next webpage and i tried to put PeriodicShowTaskbar and MoveWindow and i obtain the same result!my pna does not recognize such programs
    i will give you all the information about pna and the software that i use maybe i wrong somewhere:

12-channel GPS-receiver with SiRFII-chipset

reliable navigation software, can be operated with fingers

software and map data preinstalled on memorycard

Up-to-date map data with optimized graphical presentation (2D/3D, day /night mode with dampened colours)

landscape format for natural view

MP3 player

Photo-viewer

Specifications

3.5 QVGA TFT LCD display (320 x 240 pixel, 65,536 colours) with antireflex

CPU: Samsung 2410A 266 MHz processor

multilingual menu: DE, EN, FR, ES, IT, NL

memory: 32 MB NAND Flash ROM / 64MB RAM

12-channel GPS-receiver with SiRFII-chip

battery: 1350 mAh, Lithium-Ion

operation time: 3,5 hrs (GPS activated)

operation time: 8hrs (GPS deactivated)

dimensions in mm: 131 x 74 x 18

weight:~ 150g

expansion memory slot: SD/MMC up to 2 GB

USB v1.1 (Mini USB)

Integrated speaker

certificates: FCC, CE, CCC, BQB, e-mark

i also mention that i use activesync 4.2

so!that's all i can tell!maybe someone could help me!thank you

• hello!

well!i tried everything i'm all wet of hard work but stil nothing!
    first i tried in registry and i modified .exe with .exee but all i obtain was to damage activsync and nothing more!so i remove activesync and put once again!
    then i tried with desktopfree lite version but there was no instalation (my pna does not recognize the program).i even read on the next webpage and i tried to put PeriodicShowTaskbar and MoveWindow and i obtain the same result!my pna does not recognize such programs
    i will give you all the information about pna and the software that i use maybe i wrong somewhere:

12-channel GPS-receiver with SiRFII-chipset

reliable navigation software, can be operated with fingers

software and map data preinstalled on memorycard

Up-to-date map data with optimized graphical presentation (2D/3D, day /night mode with dampened colours)

landscape format for natural view

MP3 player

Photo-viewer

Specifications

3.5 QVGA TFT LCD display (320 x 240 pixel, 65,536 colours) with antireflex

CPU: Samsung 2410A 266 MHz processor

multilingual menu: DE, EN, FR, ES, IT, NL

memory: 32 MB NAND Flash ROM / 64MB RAM

12-channel GPS-receiver with SiRFII-chip

battery: 1350 mAh, Lithium-Ion

operation time: 3,5 hrs (GPS activated)

operation time: 8hrs (GPS deactivated)

dimensions in mm: 131 x 74 x 18

weight:~ 150g

expansion memory slot: SD/MMC up to 2 GB

USB v1.1 (Mini USB)

Integrated speaker

certificates: FCC, CE, CCC, BQB, e-mark

i also mention that i use activesync 4.2

so!that's all i can tell!maybe you or someone else could help me!thank you

• Da die Software auf meinem Easylite ziemlich schlecht ist (komplizierte Routenführung) suche ich nun die Möglichkeit eines Updates.

Es gibt ja jetzt für 99 Euro ein neues Kartenmaterial von smart2go. Nur finde ich 99 Euro zu teuer? Kennt jmd ne alternative? Emule? :D

Laut smart2go-Homepage ist auch ein update der Gerätesoftware vorher nötig. Also diese Software runtergeladen nur ich kann sie nicht installieren. Immer heißt es "Legen sie die DVD extended map ein"
    Wer kann helfen?

• Dafür brauchst Du eben die gekaufte Software... Lege dann die DVD die Du zugeschickt bekommst in Dein DVD-Laufwerk ein und schon kannst Du das Software-Update installieren. Jedoch musst Du die Software nachher bei smart2go registrieren/aktivieren/freischalten.

Leider habe ich bisher auch keine andere Software auf dem Typhoon zum Laufen gebracht.

PS: Ein Bericht zur neuen Software findest Du übrigens hier.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/3779/dscf8551hm1.th.jpg]

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jff2k ()

• Ich finde es sehr dreist 99 Euro für ein Update zu verlangen. Ist mir zu teuer! Da kann man ja fast ein neues Navi kaufen!

• Na ja aber bei nem Gerät das noch keine 6 Monate alt ist die Software so veraltet ist ist schon ein schlechter Witz.

Nichtmal die neue Autobahn von Schweinfurt (2005 erstellt) nach Erfurt is in der software.

Bei Emule gibts leider noch nichts zum runterladen.

• Dafür ist das neue Kartenmaterial wirklich aktuell:
    Q2/2006

Aber musst Du für Dich entscheiden. Ich denke so schnell wirst nix finden, da

1) zu wenig verbreitet
    2) durch Seriennummer und Freischaltung geschützt

:D

• Seit wann ist denn Seriennummer und Freischaltung ein Problem? :gap